I operate as a freelance CTO for startups and larger companies alike. Services include: business strategy, operations (internal and technical), software & product development, product design, app review, technical audits, UX audits, large systems integration, culture consulting, hiring, coaching, and more.
I have 20 years of experience in the tech and agency space, hold a degree in Computer Science from The Georgia Institute of Technology, and most recently spent 6 1/2 years growing and scaling VaynerX.
Past/Present Clients Include:
- Inclusion– Mentor & Instructor (2019-present)
- JourneyOne – Consulting CTO (2018-present)
- StudioEtch – Software Consulting (2019-present)
- Tempest – Consulting CTO (2018)
- Frequency – Consulting CTO (2018)
- WorkWith__ – Founder (2018-present)
- VaynerX – Systems & People Consulting (2018-present)
- VaynerMedia – Former CTO (2012-2018)
- Pistash.io – Former Co-Founder & CTO (2011-2012)
- Bizography – Former CTO (2003-2011)
- Architected the internal software that ran VaynerMedia during its growth from 60 to 800 people
- Built and managed Facebook campaigns reaching over 1.5mil people while being deployed in 17 different languages/cultures
- Built an Interventional Radiology product used in hospitals and by physicians across the country that’s still in regular use over 12 years later
- Rebuilt the financial stack for VaynerX by introducing and automating the integration of multiple enterprise systems, saving untold hours of manual effort, process, and reconciliation time
- Planned and instructed a 6-week course for Inclusion focused on skills that junior developers need for success! Class was free for students and available to URMs and/or low income students.
Skills and Services Include:
- Product planning and development
- Developing and architecting consumer/SaaS products –from the ground up!
- Rescuing apps built by an outside dev shop
- Business strategy
- Financial strategy and reconciliation
- Structured hiring and data-drive people management
- Building out diverse development teams and full time CTOs
- User experience & design
- Advising on short and long term technical decisions
- Custom NetSuite scripting and consulting
- Integrating external systems (Netsuite, ADP, Namely, Celigo, Zapier, REST/XML APIs, etc..)
- Code reviews
- Pitching investors / building decks
- + more!